- Use mini saltines. They are the perfect size and texture for this recipe.
- Once everything is mixed together let is soak for at least 10 minutes before baking.
- If you don't care for moderate spice cut way back on the red pepper flakes.
- Let cool alllllll the way before storing.
- Great as a stand alone snack or on salads.
- Be prepared to eat the entire batch!
Slightly adapted from here
1 1/4 cup canola oil
1 packet ranch dressing mix
2-3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
1.5 boxes of mini saltines
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a 9x13 cookie sheet with foil.
In a extra large bowl whisk together the oil, ranch mix, and red pepper flakes. Add the crackers and give it a stir. Let it sit for a few minutes and stir again. Repeat this for at least 10 minutes to allow the oil to soak into the crackers. Spread the cracker mix onto the cookie sheet. Make sure to scrape the leftover oil mix out of the bowl and onto the crackers. Bake for 10 minutes. Pull them out and give them a stir. Bake for another 10 minutes. Cool completely before storing.