- Use fresh shredded hash browns such as Simply Potatoes.
- Don't cover it. Let it get crispy around the edges!
- Keep an eye on it the last 10 minutes. It can quickly go from nicely browned to burnt. For my oven it was just right in 55 minutes.
- Served it with BBQ chicken and green beans with toasted almonds. I also made up a batch of buttermilk ranch dressing for dipping.
- We ended up with leftovers for the freezer.
Adapted from here
1 bag of fresh shredded hash browns (approx 3.5 cups)
3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
1/2 medium onion, chopped
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon paprika
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 baking dish (I used glass) with nonstick.
In medium bowl mix all ingredients together until well blended. I added a little salt and a healthy shake of pepper. Spread evenly in your prepared baking dish.
Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until hash browns are soft and the top is slightly browned.