- I omitted the coconut. Don't like it. Also skipped the chia seeds.
- I added 1/3 cup dried cranberries.
- Definitely prefer the taste of all honey vs. maple syrup or a combo of the two. Stick with honey.
- Trader Joes ground flaxseed with dried blueberries. Try it.
- Used a medium cookie scoop and then my hands to press them into 1.5 inch balls. If they come apart too easily add more honey.
- I prefer the regular size chocolate chips. If you aren't into chocolate chunks in general I would go for mini chips instead.
- Put them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and they kept for 7 days easily.
- They taste better cool-ish.
No Bake Energy Bites
Adapted from here
1 cup dry old fashioned oats
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
In a medium bowl mix the dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients together. Combine the two and stir well. Put mixture into the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Using a medium cookie scoop press into balls (rolling them between your hands doesn't really work). Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.