This is a fool proof recipe that will take you all of 5 minutes to throw together. Seriously! And each day it will taste better and better as the flavors hang out. Here's what I learned:
- I used a can of fire roasted tomatoes instead of plain.
- The recipe says to use original Rotel. I would agree with this. The mild would leave it too bland.
- My grocery store didn't have fresh jalapenos and hauling the two year old in and out of another store wasn't going to happen. I substituted 1/4 of a serrano pepper.
- I used a small handful of cilantro. I'm not a huge fan though.
- Tossed everything into my favorite new gadget: Ninja Master Prep.
- The overall heat level was mild-medium.