1. I used pecans instead of walnuts. Personal preference.
2. I halved the recipe and used Grands flaky biscuits (8 count).
3. After the initial 30 minutes was up they did not look done. I read past reviews and one person suggested covering it with foil, turning the oven off, and letting it sit in there for 10 minutes. They were the perfect balance of soft but not too doughy.
5. Cream cheese inside = A+.
6. Even better re-heated the next day.
Please keep in mind the pictures didn't turn out as well as the recipe tasted! And a few of the pecans got a little burnt.