- I used Nathan's Hot Dogs.
- Found these delicious buns that come top sliced. Perfect for coneys!
- Slow cooked for 4.5 hours on low.
- I topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Other yummy toppings would be onions, mustard, sour cream, relish, etc.
- Tasted even better the second day! To reheat I put it on the stove on low, covered, for about 10 minutes.
Slow Cooker Chili Coney Dogs
Slightly adapted from Taste of Home
1 lb lean ground beef (I used 85/15)
15 ounces tomato sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
dash of cayenne pepper
8 hot dogs
8 hot dog buns
Optional toppings: Shredded cheese, onions, mustard, sour cream, relish, etc.
Cook ground beef over medium high heat until no longer pink. I used my potato masher to get the chunks of beef nice and small. Drain beef if necessary. Stir in tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Mix in the remaining ingredients for the chili. Place hot dogs in the bottom of your slow cooker. Cover with chili mixture. Cook on low 4-5 hours giving it the occasional stir. To assemble place a hot dog in each bun. Top with chili, shredded cheese, and whatever your stomach desires.